Welcome to InterLand!
|Thank you for choosing our
services. For common questions about getting set up, including uploading your site, common
FrontPage questions, technical frequently asked questions, and scripts for download,
vistit our SUPPORT site.
|Also, to administer your account
(set permissions or change passwords) refer to our ADMINISTRATION
UPLOADING YOUR SITE USING FRONTPAGE
(FROM YOUR HARD DISK)
1. Open a connection to the Internet and start Microsoft
2. Once it is open, click File, Open FrontPage Web.
3. Once the dialog box open select Open an Existing FrontPage Web, and
click More Webs. In the dialog box that appears, in the field that asks
for Web server or Disk Location enter the location of your files that are on your
hard drive (For example: C:\mywebsite ). Then click List
4. Once Root Web appears in the second box, Click OK. FrontPage will now
load your files into the explorer.
5.Once your files appear in the FrontPage Explorer, click File: Publish
6. Input your IP Address or domain name in the box that asks for the Destination
web server or file location:
7. Name of Destination FrontPage Web should be left blank or called rootweb, but it
is better to leave this area blank. Then click OK.
8. FrontPage will Then ask you for your USERID and PASSWORD that we assigned you.
Enter the information and press OK. Now FrontPage will do the rest. Once you have
published your web site you can save directly to your web site for future updates.
UPLOADING YOUR SITE
(FROM YOUR HARD DISK)
1.Open a connection to the Internet and start
your FTP / Fetch program.
2. Look for a field called Host Address / IP address and enter you IP address that
we assign you or if your Domain name is registered
then enter your FTP URL (ftp.yourdomain.xxx)
3. Now enter your USERID that we assigned you in the USERID field, and enter your
PASSWORD in the password field.
4. Now click OK and this will log you on to your site and you will be ready to
upload your files.
5. When you first open your site in WS_FTP on the right hand side you will see a
set of directories and a file. These directories and files, in order, are: Admin, cgi-bin,
public, private, and a file called admin.htm.
6. You will need to upload your files to the same location as the admin.htm file.
This is your root directory. Once you have uploaded you files you are complete and you can
now look at your website with your web browser.
Should you have further questions not
covered in our support site, please contact email@example.com.
And, for more information about our network and equipment, visit our Company page.
Thank you again for choosing InterLand Inc.
Copyright 1997, 1998 Interland
Incorporated All rights reserved